Alamo Dog Obedience Club, the pioneer obedience training club of San Antonio, Texas, was established in 1953. The purpose of Alamo Dog Obedience Club is to promote training of dogs for companionship, good behavior and for entry in obedience trials. The Club is dedicated to sponsoring training classes and cooperating with other organizations in the training of and improvement in the behavior of dogs, and promoting good sportsmanship among Club members and among dog fanciers, owners and handlers. The Club holds obedience, rally and agility trials in accordance with the rules, regulations and standards of the American Kennel Club. The first training classes were held in a parking lot in San Antonio until the Club purchased property for training classes in Northeast San Antonio. The Club's first AKC obedience trials were held in the middle 1950's. The Club continues to provides dog obedience basic manners, agility and rally classes at its new training facility in southeast San Antonio (the former Euro Dog Center) as well as AKC Obedience, Rally, Agility and Fast CAT competitions.
Alamo Dog Obedience Club Officers
President: Elizabeth Jandt
Vice President: Valeska Humphreys
Secretary: Emily Forsyth
Treasurer: Debbie Moore
Board Members: Christine Meyers, Courtney Moore, Cora Harnish, Mary Ellen Whittington, Dee Yates, Lana Neukirch
Membership: Students can request membership after taking an obedience, rally or agility class. Membership dues are $25 per year.
1957 ADOC Obedience Trial Catalog